When selecting new employees or promoting existing ones, all companies want to recruit the best person for the role and ensure that their knowledge, attitude, skills and habits are congruent with the culture of their business. To do this, you must choose candidates using an objective, balanced methodology, including the right instruments and tests designed for your business and norm groups. There are a couple of reasons why this is important:
- To assess key staff against the role specific skills and knowledge criteria. Assessment centres are frequently used in a regulated environment to ensuring all participants are able to demonstrate full competency against the required competencies.
- To save the cost of recruitment when historically, poor and costly selection choices have been made.
The MPI team have the specific professional experience in this field to ensure your assessment centres provide the best methodology, test framework and outcomes for you.
When designed and administered properly, assessment centres are one of the most reliable and objective methods of assessing candidates. Interviews, or any other method taken alone, are not always as accurate or robust as required. However, when a centre includes a variety of exercises, psychometric testing (eg EQ and IQ) and job specific case studies alongside behavioural interviews, the output is more informative. You’ll be able to gather more accurate and useful information about the person being assessed, which ultimately allows you to make the right decision when it comes to hiring the right person for the job and long term staff retention and success.
This more informative output includes:
- An assessment of what the individual will actually do if selected, not just how good they are at the interview.
- An in-depth assessment providing the company with great information on people’s strengths and weaknesses, which also helps with possible future selection decisions.
- Information on the individual’s potential development areas in order to grow their talent within the organisation.
- Understanding the capability, intelligence and aptitude of the new candidates and existing staff as well as their culture match, provides a business with extremely valuable information. When it comes to hiring someone new, it helps you pick the right person for the role..
The MPI Approach
MPI’s approach to Assessment Centres ensures you achieve the outcome you want; be it new hires, selecting existing staff for new roles or reviewing the knowledge, attitude, skills and habits of existing staff across the business. We work with you to understand what you want to achieve from the Assessment Centre and make sure you’re involved throughout the entire process.
The centres can be developed for a variety of participants, at all levels of seniority, and a wide range of skills. MPI will design the appropriate exercises, choice of psychometrics, tests, 360-degree feedback, report structure and feedback mechanism that will form the specific assessment centre for your business. They are designed and agreed with you at the start of our work with you so they achieve the outcome you desire.
Working with MPI will save you costly mistakes in selection and maximise your return on investment.
- MPI’s approach to Assessment Centres ensures you achieve the outcome you want, be it new hires, selection of existing staff into new roles or reviewing the knowledge, attitude, skills and habits of exiting staff across the business.
- We work with you to understand the outcomes you want from the Assessment Centre. You are involved throughout the whole process.
- The Centres can be developed for a variety of participants over a wide range of skills and at all levels of seniority.
- MPI will design the appropriate exercises, choice of psychometrics, tests, 360 degree feedback, report structure and feedback mechanism that will form the specific assessment centre for your business. They are designed and agreed with you at the outset of our work with you so they achieve the outcome you desire.
- Working with MPI will save you costly mistakes in selection and so maximising your return on investment.
Get In Touch
Contact Us Today!
+44(0)1332 638 617