As businesses look to maximise profits in a technology driven, increasingly competitive marketplace, commercial awareness has never been more important. Your employees need commercial acumen and the ability to view situations from a commercial perspective in order to ensure all activities, whether customer facing, finance, HR, or service related, directly align to your business strategy. Improve their levels of commercial acumen and you’ll see a reduce in costs and increased levels of productivity within your business.
Commercial awareness is about scanning your market and competitors, knowing your customers’ wants and needs – now and in the future – and ensuring the connection between what you could do and what you should do when it comes to strategy are clear. How effective are you at this?
The MPI approach to building commercial acumen in your business.
MPI’s experienced faculty of consultants have a dedicated background in commerce. This gives you the opportunity to take advantage of MPI’s reputation for globally developing successful commercial acumen programmes across a broad spectrum of industries. We focus on the fundamentals that make up the topic and tailor our cutting-edge solutions to fit the demands of your business.
Some of the programmes we design require us to:
- Build robust strategic goals that link to culture, purpose and values of your business.
- Set a vision and then using agile business planning to turn that vision into actions.
- Review market trends and competitor analysis including the application of PESTLE and SWOT analysis frameworks.
- Analyse key business data and translating that into business activities which work for you.
- Investigate innovation to transform your business and drive it towards achieving its vision.
grow your people into trusted advisors with the capability to truly understand the commercial needs of the business, understand any external factors that interplay with business strategy and how to partner effectively with business leaders to deliver commercial results.
The MPI Approach
There are many reasons why commercial acumen is good practice in successful businesses. It may be that you’re looking to expand and are keen to understand the best strategy to do so. You may be launching a new product or service, or looking for ways to reduce cost. All these factors rely on one thing: the commercial acumen of your people.
Some of the benefits our clients have found from working with MPI on building capability around commercial acumen, include:
- Having consultants, who are located all over the world, that can spend time understanding your business requirements from a commercial acumen perspective. As a global team, we take into account any cultural, local market or financial nuances.
- Being flexible in the solutions we provide. You can pick and choose the best solutions for you, whether that’s face-to-face events, social media solutions, learning on the go, or something brand new.
- Our consultants all having experience with working in large multinational organisations and running small and medium sized concerns. This means we understand the context in which commercial acumen fits into good business practice.
- The way we stay with you on your journey. Our aim is to deliver ROI on all our initiatives, which means we work with you to ensure the successful implementation of all programmes, maintain contact to validate success and provide support along the way.
Get In Touch
Contact Us Today!
+44(0)1332 638 617