Every area of your business is affected by employee engagement and getting this right will have a direct impact on your bottom line. Employee engagement is not about your business devising a mechanical approach to exert discretionary effort from employees, but about creating the right conditions so they can flourish.
When done well, engagement will lead to employees who feel valued, are passionate about work and have an emotional and rational connection to your organisation. Ultimately, that means your people will go the extra mile to ensure strategic goals are met.
Why employee engagement matters for your business.
It’s no surprise that some of the most successful global organisations also have great employee engagement scores. Hyatt Hotels, Mars Inc. Wells Fargo; they all place significant focus on engaging their people.
Here are some of the top benefits effective employee engagement will have:
- Employee satisfaction
This is likely to be higher if your employees are engaged with the company. It increases loyalty and the likelihood they will promote your organisation as a great place to work.
- Increased productivity
Engaged employees are more likely to go the extra mile to achieve business success. As an employee becomes more engaged, their absenteeism lowers and their motivation increases, leading to heightened productivity.
- Retention and recruitment
If your people are engaged this significantly lowers the risk of staff turnover for the company. Engaged employees are more invested in the success of the company and they become more loyal. Businesses that have a highly engaged workforce have an increased ability to attract new, qualified employees.
Engaged employees perform at a higher level, and bring passion and energy to their job, which often leads to innovation in the workplace. They are empowered to efficiently create new products, services and ways of working.
When employees are engaged they become more productive and efficient, positively affecting the company’s bottom line, lowering operating costs and increasing the profits.
MPI, across various businesses, have consistently focussed on understanding the people issues, created a programme to correct and improve the culture, then instigate a monitoring system to ensure successful implementation. MPI are competent, professional, focussed and working with them is a real pleasure. Adrian Wright, Managing Director Bluewater
CEO Moss Bros Plc
CEO Speciality Retail Group Plc
View Our Case Studies
The MPI Approach
Through extensive experience working with organisations around the world, MPI’s consultants have identified several ways in which you can positively influence employee engagement in your business.
We can support your employee engagement strategy by:
- Aligning the people effort with your strategy:By understanding the purpose, values and goals of the organisation and feeling able to comment, contribute and share views, your people will identify with the key drivers behind their performance. We’ll help you build effective communication strategies and cutting-edge solutions to help you embed your purpose and values.
- Empowering your people:Through shared experience, accountability and innovation, your people can build a connection to the requirements they need to meet for individual and organisational success.
- Encouraging teamwork and collaboration:Cross-functional working, integrated development and teamwork all help to build a sense of belonging and shared accountability for performance. Our experts will support team building and collaboration through a wide range of resources and solutions.
- Helping people grow and develop:By offering cutting-edge development and integrated learning, MPI will help you deliver training and development that will ensure your people feel valued and capable of performing well in their roles.
- Providing support and recognition:Authentic gestures of praise and thanks go a long way. Recognising high performance and providing a safe environment to grow will encourage your people to go the extra mile. MPI have a wide variety of recognition and employee survey tools to support engagement in this way.
Your organisation can benefit from MPI’s extensive experience designing and developing programmes that support the realities of empowering your people. We can help you understand the difference between speaking about empowerment and actually making it work as a part of cultural change.
Fine-tune your own employee engagement strategy by talking to one of the MPI team today.
Get In Touch
Contact Us Today!
+44(0)1332 638 617